Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Beginning...

Okay, so i am starting this a bit late, but I have decided to start this as to share with those who are interested in following the life and times of the Akers bump (AKA, Fiddy), and not with the Facebook world as i really don't think everyone in the FB wants to hear every update. :)  Anyhoo.. the story begins...

Thirty weeks ago, David and I found out that we were going to be parents.  Well, I found out first, of course, and then shared the news a couple days later with Dad-to-be Akers.  I wasn't sure if i should share the news while he was working with power tools on a ladder, so i decided to wait until i made a call to the doctor, because as per movies and TV shows, you go to the doctor for a "true" test, right!?  Not so much.  The next day, on my way to work, I called my doctors office to tell them the news and schedule an appointment. Despite what TV says, my appointment was made for 6 weeks later. What!?  How do i know if the test was accurate!?

Nurse: How many did you take, Mrs. Akers?
Me: Three.
Nurse: Congratulations - you're pregnant!

Unknown to me, while i was having this conversation, my right foot had gotten a little heavy on the pedal and i had a cop behind me flashing his lights. Whoops.

The cop did not share in my excitement and gave me my first ticket since i was 16.  Poop.  Well this should be an interesting story to tell David.  So i devised my new plan on how to tell him...

Of course it happened to be a night where he was working the Flyers so he didn't get home until just before midnight.  I don't remember if the team won or lost, but i knew he had a long day.  I told him about the ticket (he was not amused) and told him i had a very good reason.... That was when i presented him with a tiny (newborn) Phillies jersey.  He was a little confused, thought i had gone out and bought a dog - then i told him "we're having a a baby!".  I think it took a couple of weeks for the shock to wear off, but so began our new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment